Search the FOB blog
Join us on Facebook
- All affected councils except Nulimbuk oppose NEL option A. The battle to stop NEL ripping through Banyule... fb.me/6OpX38VUG 17 hours ago
- More roads are not the solution. Help us fight for more sustainable transport infrastructure and better health... fb.me/JwiFUTus 3 days ago
- If The North East Link Freeway Corridor A, leaked announcement in the dying days of November 2017 ploughs... fb.me/3p9EyX7ha 4 weeks ago
- Thanks WCS - This is conservative estimation of the “Slicing and Dicing” of our suburbs , homes and parklands... fb.me/2hywbvRas 4 weeks ago
- We are lucky enough to have these wonderful iconic little animals in Banyule Wetlands - they warrant protection... fb.me/2Ej164J3E 1 month ago
In the path of the NE Link
Category Archives: Activity Centres
Victoria’s most senior bureaucrat, Andrew Tongue, recently said that the Victorian government could not control the number or type of apartment towers in Melbourne because of a need for foreign capital. Advertisements
By Dennis O’Connell The Victorian Government is currently conducting a major review of planning policy and controls across Melbourne, the most comprehensive for some time and one which will have far-reaching impact on the way
A recent article by Clay Lucas in The Age week featured an announcement by planning minister Matthew Guy to broaden the categories of retailers permitted to trade in “big box” shopping centres. This is bad news for Banyule and the … Continue reading
By Dennis O’Connell Local Structure Plans originally emerged under Melbourne 2030 and related Planning Scheme amendments including VC71 (providing for development along transport corridors and activity centres), as part of planning policy under the previous government.
By Ian Hundley The City of Banyule’s recently released draft Ivanhoe Structure Plan covers the Ivanhoe Shopping Centre, surrounding commercial, civic and residential areas as well as the Ivanhoe and Darebin railway station precincts. The draft plan is generating a … Continue reading
By Kevin Biaggini VicRoads and its Smart Roads Policy, Activity Centres and all the other Vested Interests. What it means for US.